Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Habs Rookie Camp - Day 2
(If you missed our exclusive Day 1 coverage yesterday, check it out HERE and on Twitter)
(we were not on site today; we'll have a more detailed analysis again after Thursday's game)
- Team Red wins 4-0 on goals by Etienne Brodeur, assisted by Philip Desimone, Gabriel Dumont, Nathan Beaulieu, and Dustin Walsh (assisted by Brodeur). The two sides have now split the first two Rookie Camp games.
- Reports from multiple sources have all of Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, and Alexander Avtsin having poor showings in today's scrimmage.
- On the other hand, Brendan Gallagher, Etienne Brodeur, Olivier Archambault, Hunter Bishop, and Gabriel Dumont have been reported as having good days by Francois Gagnon.
- After being the best of the three goaltenders yesterday, Peter Delmas had a poor second half today, allowing the bulk of the goals to the Red side.
4:30 PM - Half an hour till the scrimmage begins. Earlier this afternoon, Canadiens.com posted another update from camp. Today's quotes come from Gabriel Dumont, Aaron Palushaj, and the tatooed Olivier Dame-Malka.
2:15 PM - Andrei Markov took to the ice this afternoon, skating with Olivier Fortier and Louis Leblanc. The good news? He skated. The bad news? He skated with the injured players. Don't read too much into this yet though. I mean camp doesn't start till Friday!
1:06 PM - We will not have live Twitter coverage of today's scrimmage (though we will keep up as best we can). For all the action as it happens, please follow J-F Chaumont on Twitter HERE.
11:00 AM - The vast majority of Canadiens veterans are on the ice in Brossard. With the team's annual Golf Tournament going tomorrow, most everyone is in town. Players practicing include Carey Price, Scott Gomez, Tomas Plekanec, Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, Max Pacioretty, Andrei Kostitsyn, Mike Cammalleri, Mathieu Darche, Hal Gill, Josh Gorges, Lars Eller, Ryan White, Alexei Yemelin, and David Desharnais. Andrei Markov is not on the ice, but has been seen training around Brossard over the past week. P.K. Subban is also not on the ice today as he is in Toronto doing promo work for an equipment line.
Players first spotted by J-F Chaumont on Twitter.
Team White stole the show on opening day of camp, so today Aaron Palushaj, Nathan Beaulieu, and their Team Red mates look to even the score.
Today's Rookie Camp schedule:
7:15 AM - 8:15 AM: Injured Players Skate
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM: Defensemen Practice
9:45 AM - 10:45 AM: Group A Forwards
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Group B Forwards
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM: Injured Players Skate
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM: Goaltender Practice
4:00 PM - 4:45 PM: All Players Practice
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Scrimmage (All Players)
Then tomorrow, the rest of the team reports for the annual Golf Tournament while the rookies continue their camp.
While waiting for reports on today's activity, here are some others' takes on yesterday:
- Pat Hickey on Phil DeSimone, a good friend of Max Pacioretty and probably the best of the tryout forwards
- Pierre Durocher focuses on Louis Leblanc's progress as he continues to rehab is injury and is determined to crack the Hamilton Bulldog's opening night roster (French)
- Marc Antoine Godin looks at the Canadiens' prospect situation, focusing in on Jarred Tinordi and Leblanc (French)
- The official Canadiens site has a small report with quotes from Leblanc, Alain Berger, and Nathan Beaulieu
- RDS has a longer piece on 2011 first rounder Beaulieu (French)
- TSN's coverage of Day 1 focuses on Aaron Palushaj